Embroidered Patch | Heart of Gold
Here are a few handy tricks for easy ironing of patches:
1. Set your iron to the setting matching the fabric you are adhering to (cotton, linen, etc.)
2. Lay the garment flat and put a cloth over the area of the item where the patch is to be applied. Place the heated iron on the cloth and press down firmly for 8 seconds to heat up the garment.
3. Place your iron-on patch on the pre-heated area, put the cloth on top of the patch and press down firmly for 8-10 seconds with your iron. Turn garment inside out, put a cloth on top of the patch area, and press down with the iron for another 5 seconds.
4. Remove the iron and cloth, set the item aside and allow it to fully cool before handling.
5. Show off your sweet new patch to all your friends!
"For years our little shop in Providence, RI has curated some of the coolest, most irreverent items you'll ever see. Gradually, over the years we began making more and more of the products we sell. It started with tee shirts and art prints and expanded until we opened our own design studio as part of the design collective in the historic Nicholson File Building in Providence. Now we are printing our own line of greeting cards, onesies, shirts, hats, etc. Each morning our creative staff begins the day with a jaunty spitballing session that results in the concept work for all of our designs. Then our very own Maret Bondorew brings these ideas to her drawing table and hand-paints, hand-letters them into reality. A funny-ass, sweetly sentimental reality. We then work directly with Dan Wood, a master letterpress operator, to create the finished product. Always taking great care, always meticulously fine-tuning our process.
We hope that the joy and pride we take in making our products comes through when you open up the envelope!"
~ From the Maker